Saturday, April 26

Couple-a things

First, pseudobunny sent me Dethklok's "Decapitated" , which I will finish up with "Dragula," by Rob Zombie.

I really love the video, LOVE Rob Zombie's work (the stuff of White Zombie too), and this song happens to be the one if the husband and I have 'a song'. Yes, we danced to it at our wedding, though much later than our first dance together. It's sentimental.

Second, of course, is an update on the Central Park Hoodie. So, I am working on the front left panel, zooming right along, and discover that I have an oops. I knew that that 4 stitches that seem to be making up the inside edge looked out of place. I know that later on, I am supposed to pick up along that edge for the buttonhole band, but I kept going anyway. Once I got all the way up to the arm shaping, 16 inches after noticing this funny thing, I realize that I made the most classic of errors. In a pattern that offers 7 sizes, the cardinal rule is to go through and circle all of the size directions that pertain to what you need. I missed one. D'oh! Needless to say, I ripped it all back, and I am doing it again. If I want to make this thing look right, I have to make it right. Sigh.

Thirdly, a random question. Is anyone else in the New England area going to WEBS on Sunday to see the Yarn Harlot? I registered a while ago, and didn't think to ask ahead of time. If you're going, let me know. I plan to check my e-mail before I leave here, and I would love to meet up with you, as I'm going alone. Not that I mind, either. Honey was great about going to see the Yarn Harlot with me when she had her Represent tour kickoff last year in NYC at FIT. However, given that he would most likely rather spend his day in his painting studio, and I'm a big girl and can handle myself, I'm driving myself to Northampton. Plus, then I have no sighing and eye-rolling when I wander around petting all the pretty yarns.

Ok, Lemme know. knitkat1[at]yahoo[dot]com.

1 comment:

kasiaiscarly said...

Totally didn't realize I didn't have you in my bloglines!! I was popping over during the contest, then I thought 'wow, Kat hasn't posted in a while'. Well gee, no, you just haven't read Carly

Just had to comment on Dragula. . . I like Living Dead Girl more, but the whole CD rocks. Jake LOVES him as a director, but I couldn't make it all the way through Devil's Rejects.