Thursday, April 3

This past weekend, I was very much a homebody. It was beautiful outside, so I took Monty for a nice, long walk. It was still cold out, though, so we came back in when we were done.

To warm things up, I thought about making cupcakes. I also got to thinking about Red Velvet cake. I had had it once before, and I really liked it. I pulled out "The Joy of Cooking" aka, the food bible, and lo-and-behold there was NO ENTRY for Red Velvet cake. I was shocked. So I looked it up online (I <3 the internet). I used this recipe, and my oh my, were they good!

I was handing them out as fast as I could since there was no way I was going to eat them all, and I also didn't want to throw any out!

In between making the cupcakes, I got quite a bit done on the Central Park Hoodie.
I've got almost the whole back done.

I love how evenly this yarn is working for me. I was given this yarn, so I don't know what it is, but I'm pretty sure there's some acrylic in it. It's kitting up very nicely, and when I look at the charts, I feel like the cables are giving me just enough inspiration to keep going with it.


Now, on with my day.

No comments: