Friday, August 29

1. Why did you join PRGE?
It was my first swap, and I was intrigued my the posts from the other members' blogs. The punk side of knitting is my favorite side.

1.a. Have you done other swaps? Are you doing other swaps right now?
I just wrapped up with the Mmmmmmalabrigo Magic Yarn Ball swap. Very fun.

2. What are your five favorite things? (these don't have to be knit related)
A) My home-life: my pets, my hubby, my apt. It's all great.
B) Coffee
C) Knitting in general. I haven't been terribly inspired lately, and I ended up with more than one casualty to pull off the needles when I've gotten bored lately.
D) Reading. I just buzzed through the Twilight saga - even though I am too old to be wrapped up in teen fiction.
E) Tattoos.


2.a. Do these things allow any hints into your personality for your punk pal?
Most likely, yes. I'm very laid-back, and very easy to please.

3. What are your three favorite things that you have made with knitting/crochet?
A) I was really proud of a sweater that I made for hubby a while ago.
B) I was gifted some awesome bulky hand-dyed yarn at Christmas, and I turned out a Unoriginal Hat that day. I was blown away by my speed. I suppose that's what happens when mistakes aren't made....
C) I love making Fetching mitts for people.



3.a. What do you tend to make with knit/crochet?
Small things. I have yet to complete any of the 4 sweaters that I have on needles.

3.b. What do you hope to make (or complete that you have started) someday?
The Central Park Hoodie, or a Clapotis.

4. What five things would you love to see in a swap box someday? Why?
Swaps are about making connections with new knitters, so...
A) Home-grown coffee, so I can taste different regions.
B) My spoiler's favorite yarn.
C) My spoiler's favorite pattern.
D) Something that made my spoiler laugh while they're putting my package together.
E) A new suggestion for a knitting-themed tattoo.


4.a. What do you hope to never see in a swap box again (or ever)?
Cascade 220 - it's a great wool, and I know that. I love it, so it's always my first thought when I want to make something new. I need to expand my horizons.

5. What are your three favorite yarns? What are your three least favorite yarns?
A) Unwind Yarn Company's Handpainted Superwash Merino (found on etsy).
B) Bamboo
C) Cotton blends

M) Fun fur
N) Silk
O) Super bulky yarn


5.a. Do you like solid, self-striping, or multi-colored yarns?
I love it all.

5.b. What are your favorite colors? What are your favorite colors to knit with?
Purple Purple Purple, and some pink.


6. What are your five favorite delicacies?
A) Dark-chocolate covered cherries
B) Lorna's Laces
C) Fresh fruit
D) Comfy books
E) Yarn sales


6.a. What yarn do you hope to one day try and why?
Soy yarn - I just haven't gotten there yet.

7. What are your three favorite guilty pleasures?
A) Knitting with friends
B) Sick day from work without actually being sick
C) Day trips to NYC


7.a. What are your favorite tv or movie charactors?
Meredith Grey (I'm indecisive, but not THAT indecisive, and her personailty reassures me that I'm not that bad), Hermione - I love that she's the smart one.

8. What are the five things you look forward to every week?
A) Staying in my pajamas a little longer on Sundays
B) Grocery shopping with my iPod on
C) Weeknight veggie dinner parties with friends
D) Grey's Anatomy - I'm not obsessed, but I like watching it.
E) Saturday trip to the library (a Friday night trip to Borders works well too)


8.a. What do you do during your week (ie - work, take care of three kids, race walk)?
I work at a job that I love. It's an office job, but I wear jeans and sneakers most days and I'm respected for knowing and doing my job well.

9. What do you collect?
Friends. In reality, I'm trying to minimize rather than collect. I prefer to get a good book that I can pass on, or a thoughtful necklace than a knick-knack. Yarn is always the exception. Suggestions for yarn storage and organization are always welcome.

9.a. What collects you?
A nice, soft cotton comforter.

10. When is your birthday?
July 22

10.a. What is your favorite holiday and why?
I love Christmas, and the whole season around it. I like to make greeting cards, and have a party where everyone enjoys little veg cakes and treats, and then hubby and I spend some sweet time together on Christmas morning, just the two of us, watching A Christmas Story all day long on TBS.

11. Do you have any wishlists?
I have one on etsy, and I also have one on amazon.com.

11.a. Do you have a "favorites" collection anywhere that your pal should know about?
I guess that's the one that I have on etsy.

12. Do you have any allergies or health related conditions that your pal should know about?
Well, I am allergic to tobacco smoke. I also recently found out that I may be lactose-intolerant (I'm working on confirming that), and I am a vegetarian.

12.a. What drives you nuts?
Hartford drivers. Intolerant people. Not much else.


13. What do you do for work and what do you do for fun?
I work in a recording studio at a University. For fun, I read, knit, ride my bike to nowhere, and always have music playing in my ears.

13.a. What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
Fly.

14. What would you like your pal to know that is not covered here?
I love stars. The shape itself is very endearing to me - and organically created.

14.a. Are you excited for the contests or will you just pretend that they do not exist?
I enter the contests because they make me think about my knitting, but I have never won one. It might be nice to win sometime, but I mostly love reading everyone else's answers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Knit Kat.

I am your secret pal and it's going to be great! You and I have very similar tastes, I think.

I'm going to go explore your blog a bit more and get to know you a bit better now. Be looking for a package soon! : )