Thursday, October 25

Broad Street, Philadelphia

I love that these mittens are based in a town I know. Having grown up near Philly, I know the coldness that the designer speaks of, therefore necessitating these mittens.

Broad Street Mittens

I am plodding ahead with these babies. I am making them with Patons Shetland Tweed, though, instead of the merino that the pattern was written for. However, a bulkier yarn means that my gauge is much larger, and less stitches are needed to fit around my skinny little fingers. These babies, though, are a gift. I'm not saying who for though.

Also just about finished: Knucks, my blended-pattern socks of Anastasia and Widdershins, and a blanket that I started over the summer. Plenty of pictures coming soon.

1 comment:

Stephermay said...

Hope you got your Knucks done.. it's cold out up here! Your gift is almost ready to be sent.. I didn't realize it was already time to mail it! I'll drop you a line when it's on its way!